2016 Student Return Dates
Monday 1st February Transition Day
9:00am–11:00 am Ōtaki College has eLearning supported by Chromebooks for Year 7 to 11 students. We are part of the Te Reanga Ipurangi Trust and sign up for Chromebooks along with the educational licences can be completed at College between 8:30 and 11:00am. Please bring two forms of identity (eg Drivers Licence, Passport) and one must be linked to the bank account you wish to make AP payments from or the cash price of $565.80
9:00am – 1:00pm Year 7 and new Year 8, 9 and 10 students please come into the College with your parent/caregiver to meet with your Form Teacher and the Principal for a short visit. No uniform required.
9:00am – 2:00pm Year 11, 12 and 13 course counselling – individual appointment times will be posted mid January. No uniform required.
2.00pm – 3:00pm Any new enrolments from Years 7-13 who have not received a confirmation letter or phone call before this date need to come in to the College Hall and enrol. All Year Level Deans will be available at this time.
Wednesday 3rd February Powhiri – full school, Years 7 – 13.
Correct Uniform to be worn.
- 9:00am Returning Students yr 8 – 13 (assemble in the College Gym)
- 9:30am All Year 7 and new students/staff assemble on tennis courts
- 9:45am Powhiri
- 11:15 am New students and parents are invited for refreshments in the staffroom
- 11:30 – 3:10 Students in class
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Whanau Pool Picnic and Sausage Sizzle, students accompanied by their parents and siblings are welcome to come to the College pool to have a dip and meet staff and our student Heads of School.
(Buses will run as for normal school day)
Thursday 4th February All Year Levels full school day
The Student Centre will be open for uniform before College starts as follows:
- Every day from Tuesday 26th January:
- 9.00am-12.00 midday and 1.00-3.00pm (closed for lunch from 12.00-1.00pm)
- From Mon 1st February normal office hours will resume: 08.30am – 03.30pm
Student Centre staff will be available to assist you.
Please note the canteen will be open on Wed 3rd and Thur 4th but will be closed on Friday 5th February. It will then be open every school day from Tue 9th Feb.