The following elections will be held by postal vote on Saturday 8 October 2016. (Single Transferable Vote Electoral System)
- Election of ONE Mayor
- Election of FIVE members At Large (Districtwide)
- Election of ONE member for the Ōtaki Ward
- Election of ONE member for the Waikanae Ward
- Election of TWO members for the Paraparaumu Ward
- Election of ONE member for the Paekākāriki-Raumati Ward
- Election of FOUR members for the Ōtaki Community Board
- Election of FOUR members for the Waikanae Community Board
- Election of FOUR members for the Paraparaumu-Raumati Community Board
- Election of FOUR members for the Paekākāriki Community Board
Candidate names will be listed in Alphabetical order by surname on the voting documents.
Nominations for the above positions open on Friday 15 July 2016 and must be made on the appropriate nomination paper for each position, available from the Electoral Officer.
Completed nomination documents must be received by the Electoral Officer no later than 12 noon on Friday 12 August 2016.
Each nomination must be accompanied by a deposit of $200 incl gst, payable by eftpos, cash, cheque or Internet banking. (Please call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 for details of Internet Banking.)
Candidates may submit a candidate profile statement (150 words) and photograph for sending out with voting documents to electors.
Profile statements and photos must be lodged with the Nomination Form.
The requirements for profile statements and photos are set out in the Candidate Information Handbook. (If you require an Information Handbook please contact the Electoral Officer.)
Early Processing of Voting Documents
Returned Voting Papers will be processed throughout the three week voting period starting 16 September.
Preliminary electoral rolls for the above elections can be inspected at the following locations during normal office hours from Friday 15 July 2016 to 12 August 2016.
- Kapiti Coast District Council Civic Building, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu
- Waikanae Service Centre, Mahara Place, Waikanae
- Ōtaki Service Centre, Main Street, Ōtaki
- Paraparaumu Library, 9 Iver Trask Place, Paraparaumu
- Paekākāriki Library, Paekākāriki Tennis Club Building, 14 Wellington Rd, Paekākāriki
Electors may enrol or amend their enrolment details on the Residential Electoral Roll by:
- Completing an enrolment form available at Post Shops
- Calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)
- Visiting the Electoral Commission website (www.elections.org.nz ).
Updates to the preliminary electoral roll close at 5pm on Friday 12 August 2016.
Applications for registration as a ratepayer elector are to be made on the nonresident ratepayer elector enrolment form available wherever copies of the electoral rolls are displayed and must be returned to the Electoral Officer before 5pm Friday 12 August 2016.
Jude Wadsworth Electoral Officer – Kapiti Coast District Council
175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu 5032
04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486